Foam Roofing for Phoenix, AZ
Foam roofs are an efficient way to protect most types of flat roofs, which are typically used in Phoenix roofing, and have many benefits.
Quick Foam Roof Facts:
- Foam can be applied to almost any kind of roof
- A foam roof is completely seamless
- Foam can be easily repaired at a minimal cost
- A foam roof can reduce the cost of your energy bill
What Are Foam Roofs?
The material is sprayed directly onto the roof, where it “foams up” and solidifies before a protective coating is applied. Because of its flexibility, foam is especially useful for roofs with unusual shapes or configurations. Foam has a number of unique advantages over other types of flat roofing systems. For one, it protects against thermal shock and it can greatly reduce your air conditioning bills. Actually, a foam roof can pay for itself in five years by reducing the cost of air conditioning. In a 1985 study on 27 different buildings at Texas A&M University, the University found that they were able to recover the complete cost of the roof application through energy savings in an average of four and a half years.*
KYKO Offers Expert Foam Roofing For Commercial Buildings in Phoenix
The diagram below describes each layer of a foam roof.
- Elastomeric Coating – A tough, water-resistant membrane designed to effectively guard against sun, wind, and rain for years.
- Polyurethane Foam – A closed-cell high-density type of insulation.
- Adhesion – A seamless layer of foam is fully adhered to the surface, covering the entire area.
- Bonding – The coating forms an adhesive bond with the foam, resulting in superior protection against moisture penetration.
(*Results courtesy of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance)