Phoenix Roofing Contractor
Sure, we want you to choose KY-KO Roofing Systems. However, we also understand that buying a new roof system is an important investment. So before you choose anyone, we want to make sure you understand how to evaluate roofing contractors.
Roofing Contractor for Phoenix
Insist on working with a professional roofing contractor, such as KY-KO. This will help get the results you expect – a quality roof system at a fair price. Not all roofing contractors are alike and we highly recommend that you pre-qualify a roofing contractor to get the job done right the first time. Here are some guidelines to use in choosing a quality-minded, professional contractor. To print your own copy click below:
- Always check for a permanent business address, telephone number, tax identification number and a business license.
- Don’t hesitate to ask a roofing contractor for proof of insurance. In fact, insist on seeing copies of his liability coverage and workers’ compensation certificates. Verify the effective date to make sure they have coverage during the duration of the job. Many building and home owners have been dragged into litigation involving uninsured roofing contractors. In addition, if a contractor is not properly insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property.
- Check to see if the roofing contractor is properly licensed and bonded. The Arizona Department of Professional Regulation or Licensing Board will have this information.
- A professional roofing contractor can provide current financial information about his company.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that offers client references and a list of completed projects.
- Insist on a detailed, written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications.
- Have the contractor list the roofing manufacturers with which his firm is a licensed or approved applicator. Most roof systems require special application expertise to achieve lasting quality.
- Have the contractor explain his project supervision and quality control procedures.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations, such as NRCA. Being a member of industry associations demonstrates a commitment to professionalism.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau or Department of Professional Regulation to check for possible complaints filed against the contractor.
- Visit consumer review websites to hear what customers are saying about the contractor.
- Carefully read and understand any roofing warranties offered, and watch for provisions that would void it.
- Choose a company committed to worker safety and education. Ask the contractor what type of safety training he provides for his workers and what industry education programs they have attended. The best roofing contractor is only as good as the workers who install the roof system.
- Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Many fly-by-night contractors offer below-cost bids that seem attractive, but these contractors often are uninsured and perform substandard work.
- Remember, price is only one of the criteria for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism, experience and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily in your decision.